Welcome To The Lloydminster Public School Division
"Ensuring Personal Excellence For All Students"
The Lloydminster Public School Division is located in the vibrant and growing city of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan/Alberta, Canada. Lloydminster is Canada's only border city, located in both the provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta. All of the public schools in the city of Lloydminster follow the Saskatchewan curriculum.
5017 - 46 Street
Lloydminster, Alberta T9V 1R4
Phone: (780) 875-5541 Fax: (780) 875-7829
4103 - 37 Avenue
Lloydminster, Saskatchewan S9V 0A1
Phone: (306) 825-3604 Fax: (306) 825-8337
E-mail LPSD Staff using the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beliefs and Values
LPSD has a shared commitment with parents and community to create a safe and caring learning environment in order to prepare students to be inspired learners and productive citizens.
In LPSD, all individuals will model:
- RESPECT for diversity;
- CARE for themselves and others;
- RESPECT for authority, property and the environment;
- CONTINUOUS improvement;
- EXCELLENCE in all they do;
- LEADERSHIP in making positive choices;
- ACCOUNTABILITY for their choices and actions;
- COLLABORATIVE relationships.
- All students can achieve personal excellence given sufficient time and the right supports.
- High expectations, and early and ongoing interventions are essential.
- All staff can perform to the high standards given the right assistance.
- All staff can articulate what they do and why they perform they way they do.
Programs and Services
- Modified Academic Programs – all schools
- Early Reading Intervention Program
- Early Entrance Program
- Education Support Services – all schools
- 5 Elementary Schools
- 1 K - 9 School
- 2 Middle Years Schools
- 1 High School
- 1 Outreach School
- Alternative Education – LCHS
- Business and Vocational Programs –LCHS
- English as an Additional Language
- Core French – Grades K – 12
- Band and Choral Programs
- Resource Centres – all schools
- Computer Education – all schools
- Avery Outreach School (Gr. 7-12)
- LPSD Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Community School Program – Jack Kemp
- Distance Learning – Avery Outreach School
Specialized Support Services:
- Speech Pathologists
- Educational Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Guidance Counseling
- Teacher Librarians
- Educational Assistants
- Maintenance Department
- Home-School Liaison Worker
- Supervisor of Behavioural Programs
- Transition Program - LCHS
- AISI Coordinator
- Replacement Math
- Truancy Officer
- Supervisor of Educational Technology
The School Division has undertaken a number of ongoing initiatives which include the following:
- Early Reading Intervention
- Alternate Middle Schools Program
- Student Leadership (PACERS and PALS)
- Job Safety
- Tech Prep Program
- Technology Plan
- AISI - Alberta Initiatives for School Improvement
- Enhanced Learning
- Junior Kindergarten
- Soundfield Systems
- Avery Outreach School - Avery Outreach is a non-traditional, structured school setting for academically average students between the age of 14 and 21.