1. To Maintain Privacy & Security
Google Apps is designed to provide educational institutions with a safe platform for data, offering better security and reliability than most schools could achieve on their own. Google Apps for Education includes dozens of security features specifically designed to keep data safe, secure and in your control.
2. To Foster Collaboration
Google Apps for Education helps streamline academic tasks like essay writing and class scheduling. Because everything is 100% powered by the web, emails, documents, calendar and sites can be accessed and edited anytime, anywhere on almost any device.
3. To Save Costs
Switching to Google Apps for Education saves significant costs. In addition to Google Apps for Education licenses being free (really!), we save money by avoiding the need to buy or maintain our own servers or client software.
4. To Encourage High Adoption
Hundreds of millions of individuals worldwide are already using Google Apps products like Gmail, Docs and Calendar. Because students and teachers are familiar with the tools outside of school, using them in a school setting comes as second nature to many. This is especially true with email as the majority of students already use Gmail for personal use. This existing familiarity means that for the user, migrating to Google Apps is often not a migration at all. As a result, schools that switch to Google Apps for Education consistently experience a high rate of adoption with students, Teachers and administrators alike embracing the new tools.
5. To Go Green
In addition to minimizing IT-related expenses, Google Apps for Education helps schools reduce their environmental impact.
- Google Apps is powered by Google’s energy-efficient data centres, making it a less energy and carbon-intensive solution than traditional on-premise servers.
- Switching to the cloud also means you can spend less on on electricity. Simply moving your email hosting from on-premise to Gmail could even help you achieve up to 80 times greater energy efficiency.
- Collaborative tools such as chat and shared documents help students and teachers reduce extraneous printing, travel costs between schools and your overall environmental footprint.