Why Choose LPSD?
Join Our Team
Lloydminster Public School Division seeks employees who will help us to achieve our mission to ensure personal excellence for all students. We acknowledge the contributions our staff make, enabling us to be leaders in the educational community.
Lloydminster, located halfway between Edmonton, AB and Saskatoon, SK on Hwy 16, has a growing population of approximately 40,000 residents. Many characterize Lloydminster as a growing city, with a small town feel! Our unique location as Canada’s only border city allows us to access the best educational resources from both Alberta and Saskatchewan, receive funding from both provinces and enjoy the opportunities provided by the Saskatchewan curricula.
Lloydminster Public School Division provides many benefits for its staff, some of which includes:
- Alberta & Saskatchewan pension options
- Generous and caring local contract with exemplary working conditions
- Generous bursary program
- Opportunities for in-service training
- A large investment in “classroom” quality
- Collaborative Relationships
- Student & Staff Wellness
- Leadership Opportunities
- Continuous Improvement
Interested in moving to Lloydminster to teach? Wondering what life is like in LPSD? Take a moment to check out these videos produced by LPSD students!
Lloydminster Public School Division follows the curriculum set out by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education, therefore requiring all teaching staff to have Saskatchewan Teaching Certificate. Additionally, all teaching staff, both contract and substitute, are required by Saskatchewan legislation to register with the Saskatchewan Professional Teacher Regulatory Board (SPTRB) on an annual basis to be eligible to teach in the province of Saskatchewan.
To begin your certification process or to register as a Saskatchewan teacher, please click here to visit the SPTRB website for further information.
Division Wide Technology
• Staff Laptops
• Nearfield Sound Systems
• Student Chromebooks and Laptops
Leading the way in Technology
The Lloydminster Public School Division employs an in-house technology department that consists of a Manager of Information Technology, Systems Analysts, Helpdesk and Technology Coaches, to oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology within our classrooms. LPSD provides the latest in computer technology to students ranging from Kindergarten to grade 12, as well as to staff across the division.
Award Winning Team
The Lloydminster Public School Division team has repeatedly strived for the very best with a continuous display of proven awards and achievements.
Here is a list of some of our accomplishments:
- Alberta Association for Community Living Award
- Sterling McDowell Foundation for Action Research
- Skills Canada Award Winner for Trades & Technology Accomplishments
- Premier’s Award
- Middle Years Award
- Travel Awards for Teachers
- Canadian Principal’s Award
Outstanding LPSD Features
- Classroom Management support
- Student-Led Conferences
- Lesson Mastery
- Ongoing Support and Dialogue with an assigned Mentor and Coaches
- LPSD Leadership Academy
- Aspiring Admin Academy
- Speech & Language Pathology Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Home-School Liaison Worker
- Opportunities for National and International Professional Development
- Education Support Teachers at each school
- Core French program from Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Fine and Performing Arts with a Nationally Recognized Band Program