Competition #: 7521
Open To: All
Date Posted: February 11th, 2019
Closing Date: February 19th, 2019 - 11:59pm
Job Start Date: March 18th, 2019
Continuing Full-Time Contract
The Lloydminster Public School Division is seeking a qualified individual to fill the vacancy of Finance Coordinator commencing March 18, 2019, or upon a mutually agreed upon date. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and be experienced in the outlined responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit
- Prepare financial reports as requested by the Superintendent of Administration
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring
- Responsible for coordinating the maintenance, support and further development of the division computerized accounting system
- Manage the general ledger chart of accounts, LPSD Purchasing Card program, monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide accounting support for all budget centres
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognized program in commerce, accounting or some other field that relates to the major duties of the Finance Coordinator
- Working towards a CPA professional accounting designation may be considered an asset·
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in an accounting/financial related field
- Ability to work successfully as a team player.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, administrators, parents and other agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in school division operations.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be self directed and work independently
Lloydminster Public School Division supports the principles of a representative workforce and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found but interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 19, 2019. Please submit an application online as described below.
To apply for this position, please visit the Careers section at www.lpsd.ca and begin your application process:
- Click on “Sign Up” (1st time applicant) or “Login” (returning applicant)
- Upload your supporting documents (i.e.: Resume)
- Click “Apply Now” for the appropriate competition
If you have any questions regarding this position or the application process please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources department at (780) 875-5541.