Administrative Procedure 155
The Director of Education has been given the responsibility to ensure positive external and internal communications are developed and maintained. Proper protocol is to be followed for events organized by the Board of Education or its schools.
Protocols will vary from one situation to another, depending on who is involved in the particular event. Accordingly, in the planning for an event, the order of introductions and speakers must be given special attention.
- At the start of every hosted public event, community special event, or significant
school/division event, the Master/Mistress of Ceremonies should begin the event with a
recognition of the traditional treaty territory that the event is taking place on.
- When organizing a public event at which dignitaries are present, introduce the most senior
- Members of the Senate representing Saskatchewan/Alberta;
- Members of Parliament (cabinet members first);
- Members of the Legislative Assembly MLAs (cabinet members first);
- Board of Education Chair and trustees;
- Mayor and Councilors;
- Senior bureaucrats and heads of other organizations; and,
- Prominent community members.
- When organizing an internal event within the schools of Lloydminster Public School Division,
the introductions will take place in the following order:
- Board of Education Chairperson;
- Vice Chairperson;
- Trustees in attendance;
- Director of Education;
- Superintendents in attendance; and,
- Principal, Vice-Principal.
- When organizing the order of speakers, protocols dictate that the most senior dignitary speaks last.
- Seating is to be arranged so that the most senior dignitary is closest to the podium at all times.
- Trustees are to be introduced at all times.
- Provision is to be made for trustees and other important guests to be greeted by staff or students.
- As audience members, dignitaries are to be provided with reserved seating in the front row.
- Invitations to trustees are to be issued by an individual invitation to the Lloydminster Public School Division Office. Their role and expectation is to be defined in the invitation.
- Provisions for parking are to be made for dignitaries and trustees, when possible.
- When possible, trustees are to be notified at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- The Director of Education is to be contacted if a speaker is required at the Board of
Education or Division level.
- The trustee invitation and Lloydminster Public School Division Office notice is to indicate
who will serve as the Master/Mistress of Ceremonies.
- When no trustee is available to attend, the Master/Mistress of Ceremonies MC will be
advised to express regrets on behalf of the Board of Education.
Section 85, 87 Education Act, 1995
Section 38 The School Division Administration Regulations
April 14, 2009