Administrative Procedure 270
Registered Home-Based Education Programs
Although the Lloydminster Public School Division encourages parents/caregivers to enroll their children in its schools, it also recognizes that parents/caregivers have the responsibility for the education of their children and may choose to provide for that education in their home.
The Director of Education or designate will be the registrar for Home-Based schooling provided regulations are observed as stated in the document published by Saskatchewan Education entitled, “Saskatchewan Home-Based Education: Policy and Procedures Manual.
- The Lloydminster Public School Division will make the following services available to
- The loan of textbooks currently in use in the Lloydminster Public School Division;
- Access, at a grade appropriate level, to school courses where practical,;
- Standardized testing as available to students registered in schools,;
- Participation in grade appropriate extra curricular cultural or athletic
programs, or school sponsored field trips;
- Access to equipment (on site) provided suitable arrangements can be made with the
school which the student would have normally attended had they been enrolled as a student in the Lloydminster Public School Division,; and
- Use of gymnasium, provided activities meet with the approval of the
Principal and do not conflict with any regular school based programs. Access to gymnasium will respect the terms of rentals applied to community groups with the exception of waiver of rental fees. Permission may be granted for the use of physical education equipment. The Principal must be satisfied that qualified adult supervision is provided for all activities using Lloydminster Public School Division facilities or equipment.
- Parents/Caregivers accessing any of these services will be levied fees specific to each program
as would be the case had the student normally registered in the school. (Fees payable on enrolment.)
- Students partaking in any services as noted in this section will be expected to conduct
themselves and be subject to regular disciplinary actions in the same manner as would any
other student who is normally enrolled in that school. Failure to do so may result in
suspension of services provided in this section. Parents/caregivers desiring any of these
services will make a written request to the Director of Education or designate.
- Financial assistance is available to parent/caregivers who plan to use Saskatchewan or Alberta
correspondence as their program of studies for home-based schooling. Such programs will
satisfy the requirements of this administrative procedure as to content and evaluation. The
Lloydminster Public School Division will provide, at the request of the parents/caregivers, the
cost of registration, tuition fees, and course materials for Alberta correspondence grades
1-12 or Saskatchewan correspondence grades 1-12. Financial assistance will not
exceed the value of the provincial grant available to the Lloydminster Public School Division
with respect to a particular home-based education student.
- Parents/caregivers registering for Home-Based education will be made aware of the
Lloydminster Public School Division's Administrative Procedure on home-based education and any pertinent regulations or guidelines.
- The Lloydminster Public School Division will be made aware of all notifications for home-
based education and will be informed of any changes in the status of registered programs.
- The following documents are on file online and will be available to home-based educators:
- Saskatchewan Home-based Education: Policy and Procedures Manual 2016-17
Section 85, 87, 157 Education Act, 1995
Saskatchewan Home-based Education: Policy and Procedures Manual
The Home-based Education Program Regulations, 2015