Instructional Programs and Materials 200
Organization for Instruction
The Principal is held accountable for the organization of the plan for instruction at his/her school.
- The Principal, in consultation with staff, shall develop a school plan which shall clearly outline the:
- Organization of classes;
- Organization of teacher assignments;
- Course offerings of the school; and
- The extra and co-curricular activities.
- The function of assigning students to classes is the responsibility of the Principal, in consultation with all staff members affected at that instructional level. As much as possible, schools are to utilize heterogeneous grade level groupings of students.
- It is further recognized that there may be a need to group students in different grades or different courses in the same class.
- Courses at the grade seven to twelve levels may operate on a semester and/or non-semester basis.
Section 85, 108, 109, 163, 164, 168, 175, 179, Education Act