Administrative Procedure 290
The Lloydminster Public School Division recognizes its responsibility to share educational experiences and provides opportunities for individuals to interact with the system and its schools.
- All applications to undertake research projects or surveys within the school system or to
obtain assistance from the system with respect to studies or research projects shall be submitted to the Director of Education.
- After due consideration and applying the criteria identified in this Administrative
Procedure, an application will, depending upon its nature be approved or denied.
- Research projects undertaken by or for the system shall be conducted and/or coordinated by the Director of Education or designate.
- The Chief Financial Officer shall be responsible for the
financial arrangements for research projects.
- Externally initiated research projects may be terminated at any time if, in the judgment of the
Director of Education, the guidelines established for the study have been violated.
- All applications shall be satisfactorily completed at least one (1) month in advance of
the study and must be submitted to the Director of Education. Timelines shorter than one (1) month will be considered if extenuating circumstances exist.
- Requests to undertake graduate level research or survey studies must be submitted to the Director of Education.
- Upon completion of the study, the researcher shall be required to submit to the Director of
Education a complete report plus an abstract describing the project and the findings.
- The following criteria will be used by the Director of Education in considering research studies:
- The study should have recognizable value to the school system and/or to education in general;
- The content of any proposed questionnaire or survey instrument must not be
objectionable to staff, students, or parents/caregivers;
- The involvement of students or teachers does not require an unreasonable amount of time;
- The willingness of schools or individuals to participate; and,
- The number of research studies planned or underway in the school system.
- The Director of Education shall, when necessary, ensure that the contents of a
study are held in confidence.
Section 85, 87, 175 Education Act, 1995