Administrative Procedure 400
Employee Recruitment and Selection
The Lloydminster Public School Division shall employ individuals best qualified to meet the diverse needs of students and maintain high standards of excellence.
- The Director of Education , or designate, is responsible for employee recruitment and selection.
- The Director of Education, through Human Resources, shall coordinate employee recruitment and selection in a collaborative manner with those involved in the decision making process.
- The role of Human Resources in the recruitment and selection process is that of coordinator, facilitator, and advisor of human resources best practice.
- The recruiting program shall maintain positive public relations, the good reputation, and the standards of excellence of the Lloydminster Public School Division.
- Specific practices to be followed are outlined in the Lloydminster Public School Division’s Staffing Guidelines Handbook (currently being developed).
- The Director of Education may waive any of the guidelines or procedures where exceptional circumstances may affect the recruitment and selection process
- Schools and departments shall advise the Superintendent of Education of staffing requirements.
- The Superintendent of Education is responsible, where appropriate, for posting and advertising available positions upon review of the current job description.
- The Superintendent of Education is responsible for the development of recruitment plans that adheres to applicable legislation and collective agreements.
- The Superintendent of Education is responsible, in consultation with those involved in the decision making process, for ensuring the use of the appropriate type of contract.
- Interview panels shall be used in the selection process.
- Successful candidates will be recommended to the Superintendent of Education.
- The Superintendent of Education will be responsible for making verbal offers of employment and ensuring unsuccessful candidates who were interviewed are contacted.
- All employment offers and/or contracts shall be confirmed in writing with the signature of the Superintendent of Human Resources.
- All offers of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of a criminal record check and verification of required qualifications.
Section 85 Education Act, 1995