Personnel and Employee Relations 400
Employee Recruitment and Selection
The Division shall employ individuals best qualified to meet the diverse needs of our students and maintain our high standards of excellence.
- The Director, or designate, is responsible for employee recruitment and selection.
- The Director, through Human Resources, shall coordinate employee recruitment and selection in a collaborative manner with those involved in the decision making process
- The role of Human Resources in the recruitment and selection process is that of coordinator, facilitator, and advisor of human resources best practice.
- The recruiting program shall maintain positive public relations, the good reputation, and the standards of excellence of the Division.
- Specific practices to be followed are outlined in the division’s Staffing Guidelines Handbook (currently being developed).
- The Director, or designate, may waive any of the guidelines or procedures where exceptional circumstances may affect the recruitment and selection process
- Schools and departments shall advise the appropriate superintendent of staffing requirements.
- Human Resources is responsible, where appropriate, for posting and advertising available positions upon review of the current job description.
- Human Resources is responsible for the development of recruitment plans that adheres to applicable legislation and collective agreements.
- Human Resources is responsible, in consultation with those involved in the decision making process, for ensuring the use of the appropriate contract.
- Interview Panels shall be used in the selection process.
- Successful candidates will be recommended to the Superintendent of Human Resources.
- Human Resources will be responsible for making verbal offers of employment and ensuring unsuccessful candidates who were interviewed are contacted.
- All employment offers and/or contracts shall be confirmed in writing with the signature of the Superintendent of Human Resources.
- All offers of employment shall be conditional upon receipt of a criminal record check and verification of required qualifications.
Section 85, Education Act