Personnel and Employee Relations 401
The Division shall maintain three files for each employee for administrative purposes. The three files include a personnel file, medical file, and payroll file and will be stored in separate locations.
- Any employee may request to see his/her file during the regular office hours of the Division.
- The file can be examined in the presence of a witness and is not to be removed all or in part from the office building. If any item on file requires explanation or is of concern to the employee, he/she may wish to take one or more of the following courses of action:
- Discuss the matter with the Director or designate; or
- Write a letter to the Director or designate requesting information or expressing concern.
- An employee may request a photocopy of any document included in his/her personnel file. A signed release for information will be maintained as part of the employee’s file (*Form 401-1).
- Subject to applicable provincial statutes and regulations, the Division respects each and every employee’s privilege to have individual salaries treated as confidential information and will not release individual salary information without the written authorization of the employee or the formal application by a third party in accordance with provincial statutes.
Section 85, 87, 108, 109 Education Act
Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Collective Agreement
*Contact Human Resources for referenced forms.