Administrative Procedure 401
The Lloydminster Public School Division shall maintain three (3) files for each employee for administrative purposes. The three (3) files will include a personnel file, a medical file, and a payroll file, which will be stored in three (3) separate locations.
- Any employee may request to see their file during the regular office hours of the Lloydminster Public School Division.
- The file can be examined in the presence of a witness and is not to be removed all or in part from the Lloydminster Public School Division office building. If any item on file requires explanation or is of concern to the employee, they may wish to take one or more of the following courses of action:
- Discuss the concern with the Director of Education or designate; or
- Write a letter to the Director of Education requesting information or expressing their concern.
- An employee may request a photocopy of any document included in their personnel file. A signed release for information will be maintained as part of the employee’s file (Form 401-1).
- Subject to applicable provincial statutes and regulations, the Lloydminster Public School Division respects every employee’s privilege to have individual salary information treated as confidential information. Lloydminster Public School Division will not release individual salary information without the written authorization of the employee or the formal application by a third party in accordance with provincial statutes.
Section 85, 87, Education Act, 1995
Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Collective Agreement