Administrative Procedure 416
Support Staff Supplemental Employment Benefit Plan
In recognition that there will be a health related portion of every maternity leave during which a person will be medically unfit for duty for health related reasons due to pregnancy, delivery, or post delivery, benefits for this period will be paid under the provisions of a Supplemental Employment Benefits (SEB Plan).
- Eligibility Criteria - An employee is eligible for Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan benefits if they:
- Has a permanent support staff contract and has completed one (1) full year of continuous service with Lloydminster Public School Division, directly prior to the maternity leave;
- Is medically unfit for duty for health related reasons due to pregnancy, delivery, or post delivery;
- Is in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits; and,
- Is on maternity leave.
- Duration of Benefits - Each individual who is eligible for Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan benefits is entitled to such benefits for a maximum of nine (9) weeks, commencing on the estimated date of birth or the date of delivery, whichever is earlier.
- Application and Administration of Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan - The employee shall apply for Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan benefits using the Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan - Application.
- This form must be accompanied by a medical certificate indicating the estimated date of birth and notice from the employee of their intention to take a maternity leave.
- Applications should be submitted in a timely manner and no later than thirty (30) days in advance of the due date.
- On delivery of the child, the employee shall submit to the Superintendent of Education, a Practitioner’s Report - Confirmation of Date of Delivery no later than one hundred and twenty (120) days following the birth of their child.
- Calculation and Payment of Benefits - For the period of eligibility, Lloydminster Public School Division shall pay to the employee the amount required on a weekly basis to supplement the Employment Insurance benefit to 95% of their salary entitlement. The Calculation - Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan Payment Form will be completed by the Finance Department.
- The weekly salary entitlement for twelve (12) month employees shall be 1/52 of their annual rate of pay.
- The weekly salary entitlement for ten (10) month employees or school year employees shall be regularly scheduled hours of work in accordance with the school year operational calendar multiplied by the employee’s hourly rate of pay.
- Benefit payments shall be subject to the usual deductions as if the employee was actively working and as required by the respective benefit plan sponsors.
- Supplemental Employment Benefits Plan payments will be identified separately in payroll records.
Saskatchewan Employment Act