Personnel and Employee Relations 427
Flex Time for School & Division Based Personnel
The Division, in order to enhance the recruitment and retention of school-based administrators, supervisors, instructional coaches and EAL lead teachers provides flex time to all incumbents.
- Five days of flex time will be available each school year for each Principal, Vice-Principal and Coordinator of Learning and Instruction.
- Three days of flex time will be available each school year for each Instructional Coach or Consultant.
- The flex days must be used in the school year in which they are earned and may not be carried forward into a new school year.
- The days are pro-rated based on the individual’s contract.
- Unused flex days may not be redeemed for cash payment.
- The scheduling of flex days is to be based on consultation between or among the school-based administrators at the respective schools. Proposed schedules must be approved by the Director or designate. Approval will be granted subject to the schools and the Division’s operational needs being met.
- With the adoption of this administrative procedure, school-based administrators, supervisors, instructional coaches and EAL lead teachers will not be eligible for the earned days off which are available to teachers who engage in extra-curricular supervision.
Section 85, 87, 108, 109 Education Act