Personnel and Employee Relations 428
Probationary Period for Support Staff
All new Support Staff Employees on permanent contracts will be required to work through a probationary period of ten months to determine the suitability of the employee for ongoing employment with the division.
- During the probationary period the division shall have the opportunity to assess the suitability of the employee’s performance and conduct according to the terms set out below:
- The employee’s performance and conduct during the probation period shall be assessed, primarily (but not necessarily exclusively) in accordance with the individual’s job description and workplace standards reference in the AP 429 – Supervision and Evaluation of Support Staff.
- An interim appraisal of the employee’s performance and conduct during the probation period and a final appraisal and decision on the employee’s suitability for ongoing employment will be established prior to the completion of the probation period.
- The appraisal will be conducted in accordance with AP 429 – Supervision and Evaluation of Support Staff.
- At any time during the probation period, the employer may terminate the employee’s employment, on the grounds of unsuitability providing notice as required by the Saskatchewan Employment Act.
The length of the probationary period for support staff will be outlined on their contract at the time of hiring.
Section 43 Saskatchewan Employment Act