Administrative Procedure 434
Support Staff Employee Vacation Leave and Holidays
The Lloydminster Public School Division provides vacation leave according to the requirements of the Employment Act for the Province of Saskatchewan. Vacation leaves are to be granted in accordance with Lloydminster Public School Division procedures and subject to any agreements made by the Board of Education.
Vacation leaves are to be scheduled at times in keeping with the operational requirements of the Lloydminster Public School Division.
- The Director of Education or designate will consult with supervisory staff in establishing vacation schedules.
- Holiday entitlement in excess of the requirements of the regulations of the Saskatchewan Employment Act can only be granted by resolution of the Board of Education unless otherwise stated in a written contract between the employee and the Board of Education.
- When vacation entitlement is less than three (3) weeks on June 30, the employee may elect to take entitlement, with pay, plus leave without pay, to make up a vacation of three (3) weeks or less. Thereafter, the anniversary date for holidays shall be established as at July 1.
- The Director of Education in cooperation with the supervisory staff may authorize the carry-over of annual vacation leave of six (6) or more days into the fiscal year, if extenuating circumstances exist, and are deemed sufficient to justify such a request. Employees with six (6) or more days to carry-over must complete form (AP 434 Form Request for Carry-Over of Annual Vacation Days).
- Notwithstanding Procedure 4, the Director of Education may authorize the carry-over of more than one (1) week annual vacation for members of the executive staff.
- Employees may appeal decisions to the Director of Education; such appeals are to be made in writing.
Section 85, 87, Education Act, 1995
Saskatchewan Employment Act
Section 25, 26 Labour Standards Regulations