Administrative Procedure 437
Support Staff Employee Pension
The Lloydminster Public School Division shall provide a superannuation plan for all qualified support staff employees subject to the following procedures.
- With an exception of those employees required to hold teaching certificates, the plan applies to all employees on continuing contracts working 15 hours per week or more.
- The employee shall participate in the retirement plan effective the first day of their continuing employment.
- Employees will be notified when they are eligible for the plan and shall complete an enrolment application.
- The Lloydminster Public School Division will match employee contributions as specified in the pension plan documentation.
- Regular statements regarding the status of an employee’s personal pension account will be provided to the employee, in keeping with the practices of the pension plan provider.
- Upon retirement, the accumulated proceeds of the individual employee’s plan may be applied to an annuity in keeping with government regulations and the provisions of the carrier's plan.
- Government regulations relative to cash withdrawal of pension contributions shall apply.
- Concerns or questions regarding superannuation are to be directed to the Superintendent of Education.
Section 85, 87, Education Act, 1995
Saskatchewan Employment Act
Section 25, 26 Labour Standards Regulations