Business Administration 500
The Board adopts an annual budget, the preparation and administration of which is the responsibility of the Director in consultation with the Superintendent of Administration.
- The budget shall be prepared in accordance with provincial requirements as stated in legislation and regulations.
- The budget shall include estimates of all anticipated revenues and expenditures for the current fiscal year.
- Early in the budget development process, the Director will consult with the Board to set the general parameters for the budget.
- The annual budget shall identify any new programs to be implemented as well as programs which are being discontinued.
- The Director shall make budgetary recommendations to the Board.
- The Board shall, after careful consideration, formally approve the annual budget.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, the Superintendent of Administration shall prepare and administer the budget of the Division.
- Division executives, principals and other supervisors shall be accountable to the Director for the effective control of expenditures within the budgetary limits established for their departments.
Section 85, 87, 282, Education Act
Section 38, 51, 52, 53, The School Division Administration Regulations