Administrative Procedure 500
The Board of Education adopts an annual budget, the preparation, and administration of which is the responsibility of the Director of Education, in consultation with the Chief Financial Officer.
- The budget shall be prepared in accordance with provincial requirements as stated in legislation and regulations.
- The budget shall include estimates of all anticipated revenues and expenditures for the current fiscal year.
- Early in the budget development process, the Director of Education will consult with the Board of Education to set the general parameters for the budget.
- The annual budget shall identify any new programs to be implemented as well as programs which are being discontinued.
- The Director of Education shall make budgetary recommendations to the Board of Education.
- The Board of Education shall, after careful consideration, formally approve the annual budget.
- Under the general supervision of the Director of Education, the Chief Financial Officer shall prepare and administer the budget of the Lloydminster Public School Division.
- Lloydminster Public School Division executives, Principals, and other supervisors shall be accountable to the Director of Education, for the effective control of expenditures within the budgetary limits established for their departments.
Section 85, 87, 282 Education Act, 1995
Section 38, 51, 52, 53 The School Division Administration Regulations