Business Administration 548
Use of Division Furniture, Supplies and Equipment
Furniture, supplies and equipment belonging to the Division shall be used in support of the instructional and organizational purposes of the Division.
The Division, as recipient/stewards of public funds has a responsibility to ensure that Furniture, Supplies and Equipment owned by the Division are used in a manner that furthers the Educational and Operational priorities of the Division.
Misuse or personal use of Furniture, Supplies and Equipment owned by the division could be viewed by a member of the general public as an abuse of the public trust.
To protect this interests and public image of the Division, the following Administrative procedure will outline how Furniture, Supplies and Equipment owned by the division should be used.
Nothing in this administrative procedure is to be construed to limit the permitted use of the Division’s Fitness Room or gymnasia for staff wellness purposes.
- Employee’s personal use of Division furniture, supplies or equipment is discouraged.
- Staff members are to access and use furniture, supplies and equipment needed to carry out their duties in accordance with the practices in place in their respective workplaces. Such access and use may extend to the taking of items away from the workplace so as to prepare or complete work-related tasks.
- Furniture, equipment or supplies that are used by more than one employee are not to be removed from the workplace without the authorization of the facility’s supervisor.
- Furniture, equipment (e.g. desktop computers and related equipment or audio-visual equipment) or supplies that are fragile are not to be removed from the workplace without the authorization of the facility’s supervisor.
- Contravention of this administrative procedure could result in disciplinary action ranging from a letter of reprimand through dismissal.
Section 85, 87, 343, Education Act
Section 38, The School Division Administration Regulations