Administrative Procedure 556
Use of Leased or Private Vehicles
The Transportation Manager may arrange for an alternate method of student transportation, other than the Lloydminster Public School Division owned vehicles, for the sole purpose of providing a convenience for students. Requests and approval for transportation utilizing rented vehicles will be done by submitting Form 260-1, and receiving confirmation from the Transportation Department.
- Rented Vehicles
- When it is deemed advisable or necessary, vehicles will be rented from commercial vehicle rental firms.
- The driver of a rented vehicle shall, whenever possible, be an employee of the Lloydminster Public School Division.
- The driver shall be approved by the Principal.
- The Principal shall immediately report changes in transportation requests to the Transportation Manager.
- Volunteers/Lloydminster Public School Division Non Owned Vehicles
- If methods of transportation other than a Lloydminster Public School Division owned buses, contracted buses, or rented vehicles are to be used, approval must be given by the Principal.
- Where staff driven contracted vehicles or privately owned vehicles are used to transport students to a school sponsored activity, the following safety measures shall apply:
- The number of passengers shall not exceed the seating capacity available;
- The seatbelts of the vehicle shall be utilized; and,
- A Driver Volunteer form, Form 556-1, must be completed prior to transporting students.
- Driver Volunteer form are only valid for the school year in which they were filled in. A new form is required after the start of a new school year.
- A copy of Form 556-1 will be kept on file at the school.
- Funding Arrangements for Leased Vehicles
- The rates charged to schools for contracted vehicles used for travel shall be in accordance with Administrative Procedure 555, Procedure 2.
- When private vehicles are used for travel approved by the Principal, reimbursement to the vehicle owner and charges to the school shall be at the Lloydminster Public School mileage rate in effect, at the time.
Section 85, 87, 175, 179, 194, 195, 196, 197 Education Act, 1995
Section 38 The School Division Administration Regulations
Highway Traffic Act