Personnel and Employee Relations 408
The Board of Education values the dedication and contributions of employees with long service to the Division. As such, it will recognize employees for long service and upon retirement.
- Service and retirement awards will be presented annually at a Board chosen date.
- Eligibility for service awards will be calculated as of June 30th of each current year. A list of eligible recipients will be posted by February 1st of the current school year. It is the employee’s responsibility to communicate and confirm the correctness of their years of service with the designated Division Office staff member.
- For employees engaged in a full-time or part-time contract with the Division, a year of service will be recognized for each school year provided that the employee has worked for the entire year. Partial years will be recognized for eligibility.
- Service awards will be in the form of gifts. Employees will choose from designated gifts provided in the LPSD Service Award Program beginning at the 15th year of service. Each gift will have the LPSD logo on it.
- The value of the respective gifts shall be in keeping with the following:
- 5 years of service to the Division Board selected gift
- 10 years of service to the Division Board selected gift
- 15 years of service to the Division approximately $100
- 20 years of service to the Division approximately $150
- 25 years of service to the Division approximately $200
- 30 years of service to the Division approximately $200
- 35 years of service to the Division approximately $200
- 40 years of service to the Division approximately $200
- To recognize those employees who are retiring, a chosen print with a lasting token of the years of service will be chosen by the Board of Education.
- Employees accessing accumulated sick leave will still be recognized for service. All other types of leaves, including extended leaves of absence, LTD, and ICP, will not be counted towards an employee’s years of service.
Section 85, 87, 108, 109 Education Act