General Administration 156
The Director has been given the responsibility to ensure positive external and internal communications are developed and maintained. Proper protocol is to be followed for visits that occur within the Division.
- Royal and Other Dignitary Visits
- While rare, school boards or schools occasionally may be included in royal visits (including those of Canada’s Governor-General and/or Saskatchewan’s Lieutenant Governor); visits by the Prime Minister or Premier, senior cabinet ministers, ambassadors; or other prominent dignitaries. In such circumstances, the formal protocol of either the Government of Canada or Province of Saskatchewan takes precedent. Information on proper protocol in these special circumstances can be obtained from the Government of Saskatchewan. The Director or designate must be contacted in these instances.
- In these circumstances, it is expected local event organizers will ensure trustees are properly recognized and included in the event whenever possible.
- Special Visits
- The Division, in recognizing its responsibilities to share educational experiences, welcomes visitors and observers to the school system.
- Visits to schools by persons from outside the school system shall be arranged by such officials as the Director may appoint. Such visits will be arranged in consultation with the, Superintendents, Principals and teachers concerned.
- The Director will extend to visitors, at Division expense, such courtesies as he/she may deem desirable.
Section 85, 87, 108, 109, Education Act