Administrative Procedure 341
Duties of Students
The duties of students enrolled in Lloydminster Public School Division shall be as set out in the Section 150 of the Education Act, 1995.
- Students shall be responsible for conforming to the rules established by the Principal and staff in each school. (See Administrative Procedures 350 and 351).
- For purposes of clarification, the duties of students as outlined in The Education Act, 1995 are as follows:
- In the exercise of his or her right of access to schools and to the benefits of the educational services…, “Every pupil shall co-operate fully with all persons employed by the board of education or the conseil scolaire and any other persons who have been lawfully assigned responsibilities and functions with respect to the instructional program of the school or any special or ancillary services that may be provided or approved by the board of education, the conseil scolaire or the ministry.”
- Every student shall:
- Attend school regularly and punctually;
- Purchase any supplies and materials not furnished by the school/Lloydminster Public School Division that the Principal considers necessary for any particular course of instruction;
- Observe reasonable standards with respect to cleanliness and tidiness of person, general deportment, obedience, courtesy, and respect of the rights of other persons;
- Be diligent in their studies;
- Conform to the rules of the school; and,
- Submit to any discipline that would be exercised by a kind, firm, and judicious parent/caregiver.
- Every student is accountable:
- To the teacher for their conduct on the school premises during school hours or while engaged in authorized school activities conducted after school hours;
- To the Principal for their general deportment at any time that they are under the supervision of the school and members of the teaching staff, including the time spent in travelling between the school and their place of residence;
- Subject to the stated policies of the Board of Education, to the driver of a school bus and to any other person appointed by the Board of Education for the purposes of supervision during hours when students are in the personal charge of such employees of the Board of Education, and those employees shall be accountable to and report to the Principal, in accordance with the procedures approved by the Board of Education.
- The Principal shall be responsible for appropriately communicating to students and parents/caregivers the duties of students and expectations of the school.
Section 150, 151, 175(2)(I) Education Act, 1995