General Administration 121
Review of Administrative Procedures
The Director believes that a regular review of administrative procedures, with opportunity for input by the appropriate stakeholders, leads to effective operations within the school system.
- The Director will establish an annual plan for the review of Administrative Procedures to align with the Division and Ministry Priorities and Direction, minimally once per three years.
- Review of a specific administrative procedure may be initiated at any time by a formal request from the Board, a School Community Council, a school administrator or an employee who is personally affected by that procedure.
- The request for such a review shall detail the issues and concerns associated with the administrative procedure and, if possible, offer suggestions for revision.
- The Director shall determine an appropriate process for reviewing a specific administrative procedure when requested to ensure that fair and reasonable consideration is given to the request. It is expected that in most instances such a review will be carried out by the Director, a central office administrator with direct responsibility in that area, and a school-based administrator selected by the Director.
- The scheduled review of administrative procedures shall solicit input from teachers, central office personnel, School Community Councils, and administrators, as appropriate.
- Any decisions arising from a review of administrative procedures will be communicated expeditiously to all affected stakeholders.
Section 108, 109 Education Act
Policy 11 – Board Delegation of Authority
April 14, 2009