Administrative Procedure 121
Review of Administrative Procedures
The Director of Education believes that a regular review of Administrative Procedures, with opportunity for input by the appropriate stakeholders, leads to effective operations within the school system.
- The Director of Education will establish an annual plan for the review of Administrative
Procedures to align with the Division and Ministry Priorities and Direction, minimally once
per three (3) years.
- Review of a specific administrative procedure may be initiated at any time by a formal request
from the Board, a School Community Council, a Principal, or an
employee who is personally affected by that procedure.
- The request for such a review shall detail the issues and concerns associated with the
Administrative Procedure and, if possible, offer suggestions for revision.
- The Director of Education shall determine an appropriate process for reviewing a specific
Administrative Procedure when requested to ensure that fair and reasonable consideration is
given to the request. It is expected that in most instances such a review will be carried out by
the Director of Education, a Superintendent with direct responsibility in that
area, and a Principal selected by the Director of Education.
- The scheduled review of Administrative Procedures shall solicit input from teachers,
central office personnel, School Community Councils, and Principals, as
- Any decisions arising from a review of Administrative Procedures will be communicated
expeditiously to all affected stakeholders.
Policy 11 - Board Delegation of Authority
April 14, 2009