Administrative Procedure 140-2
Staff, Trustee, and Community Member Responsible Use of Technology and Internet Agreement
Section A: General Use of Technology
As a staff member, trustee, or community member of Lloydminster Public School Division, I value having access to technology to support student learning and my role in the division. I know that along with this privilege comes great responsibility. To demonstrate my commitment and understanding of the level of responsibility that is required, I have read each of the expectations and guidelines listed below. I will abide by the responsibilities and expectations laid out for the use of electronic/computer devices.
While using technology I will exercise professional ethics and judgment.
- I understand that having access to technology in the Lloydminster Public School Division is a necessity. The use of Lloydminster Public School Division technology may be revoked if I fail to fulfill my responsibilities as a user of this technology and that many, but not all, of these responsibilities are outlined below.
- While fulfilling my assigned duties at work I understand that my personal files and information about every web page I visit may be accessible under the provisions of LAFOIP. I am aware that an individual search may be conducted as per existing legislation if there is reasonable belief that I have violated the law.
- I will comply with all privacy and copyright legislation.
- I understand that Lloydminster Public School Division uses a content filter on its internet access, yet I know it is possible that I may encounter inappropriate material, which includes images or text that are pornographic, violent, obscene, or offensive to others. I will preview content before using it in class whenever possible, and will immediately close the window on the screen if inappropriate content is displayed.
- I understand that my actions using electronic/computer devices and accessing the internet reflect on me, and the Lloydminster Public School Division. I will conduct myself accordingly and exercise good judgment.
- I will only stream video, radio, and other high-bandwidth applications etc. for essential educational purposes.
- I will not share my Staff Network Login password or any other user names and passwords provided by Lloydminster Public School Division personnel with anyone and I will take appropriate steps to maintain the security of my account.
- I will always log out of / lock the computer and any applications when I have finished using them, or when moving out of sight of my computer. I acknowledge that any actions done on a computer when I am logged in are traceable to me.
- I will not use technology in any way that negatively affects any other staff, students, or person.
Section B: Use of personal computing devices at school
If staff, trustees, or community members choose to bring their own personal electronic/computing devices, which are connected to the school’s open wireless network the General Use of Technology Guidelines (Section A) apply as well as the following:
- I will connect to the school’s open wireless network, and NOT to the school’s wired network. The guidelines below apply regardless of the wireless network used.
- Where possible, the device I am using will have virus protection software which is up-to-date.
- I will turn off all peer-to-peer (music/video/file-sharing) software or web-hosting services on my device while connected to the school’s wireless network.
- I understand the security, care, and maintenance of my device is my responsibility.
- I understand that the school is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of my device. I am fully responsible for my property while it is at school.
Section C: Use of Cloud Based Applications and Google Suite for Education
Google Suite for Education (G Suite) accounts are made for each Lloydminster Public School Division staff member. The tools and resources are provided by Google and all files and information is stored on Google servers which may be located anywhere in the world and subject to the laws of that country. All of the General Use of Technology Guidelines (Section A) apply when accessing resources through Cloud Based Applications and Google Suite for Education accounts, as well as the following:
- I will be provided with an email address (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org) to use for school purposes. This address is what gives me secured access to my online file storage, documents, and sites.
- I understand that personnel from Lloydminster Public School Division may access my Cloud Based Apps or Google Suite for Education accounts if there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of school rules or discipline policies and that a search of the account would reveal evidence of that breach. This may include, but is not limited to, email messages, gadgets, archived chats, documents, sites, photographs, uploaded documents, etc.