DIVISION FOUNDATIONAL STATEMENTS
Ensuring personal excellence for all students
LPSD has a shared commitment with parents and community in preparing students to be inspired learners and productive citizens.
In LPSD, all individuals will model:
- A commitment to CARE for themselves and others
- RESPECT for themselves, others, authority, property and the environment.
- A commitment to CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- EXCELLENCE in all they do
- LEADERSHIP in making positive choices
- ACCOUNTABILITY for their choices and actions
- COLLABORATIVE relationships
Our Belief Statements
- We believe all students can achieve personal excellence given sufficient time and the right supports.
- We believe high expectations and early and ongoing interventions are essential.
- We believe all staff can perform to high standards given the right assistance.
- We believe all staff can articulate what they do and why they perform the way they do.
- Reading, Writing & Math Achievement
- Early Years Education
- Graduation Rates
- Achievement of First Nations and Metis Students
- Student & Staff Wellness
Legal Reference: Section 85, 87 Education Act
Adopted: June 2007
Amended: October 23, 2019