The Board will give consideration to naming representatives to various external committees, agencies and organizations. Such representation is established at the discretion of the Board to facilitate the exchange of information on matters of mutual concern and/or to discuss possible agreements between the Division and other organizations.
The Board will determine the terms of reference for each representative. The Director may appoint resource personnel to work with the representative and shall determine the roles, responsibilities and reporting requirements of resource personnel.
The following organizations will have a Board representative as identified at the annual organization meeting:
- Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) Zone 2/3
- Attend ASBA Zone 2/3 meetings as deemed necessary
- Represent the Board’s positions and interests at the Zone level
- Communicate to the Board at the next regular meeting the work of ASBA Zone 2/3
- Two trustees
- Saskatchewan School Boards Association (SSBA) –Public Section
- Attend SSBA Public Section meetings
- Represent the Board’s positions and interests at the provincial level
- Communicate to the Board at the next regular meeting the work of SSBA Public Section
- One trustee
Legal Reference: Section 85, 106, Education Act
Adopted: June 2007
Amended: October 25, 2017