LPSD employs two Educational Technology Consultants, who offer training, support and planning for all staff:
Graydon King, Educational Technology Consultant
- Gradebook and Student Information System (SIS)
- My Blueprint Career Education Program
- Rosetta Stone
- Read and Write for Google
- Curriculum technology integration
Shelley Merth, Educational Technology Consultant
- Curriculum technology integration for all grades and subject areas
- Integration for Chromebooks, PC laptops, Mobile Devices (tablets) and other programs
- Learn 360 and Criterion on Demand - accounts and integration
- Technology support and training for Librarian Technicians and Educational Assistants
- Support and training for Assistive Technology
Both roles also provide information and support with all Google services and applications, SMART Learning Suite integration, Microsoft Office Suite use and training, and consult about school-based technology purchases.
LPSD SysAid© Helpdesk
The LPSD Technology Department addresses more that 3500 help desk tickets per year.
Staff can log on to the LPSD SysAid© Helpdesk with their LPSD username and password and submit requests for assistance.
LPSD Uses Google Apps For Education
1. To Maintain Privacy & Security
Google Apps is designed to provide educational institutions with a safe platform for data, offering better security and reliability than most schools could achieve on their own. Google Apps for Education includes dozens of security features specifically designed to keep data safe, secure and in your control.
2. To Foster Collaboration
Google Apps for Education helps streamline academic tasks like essay writing and class scheduling. Because everything is 100% powered by the web, emails, documents, calendar and sites can be accessed and edited anytime, anywhere on almost any device.
3. To Save Costs
Switching to Google Apps for Education saves significant costs. In addition to Google Apps for Education licenses being free (really!), we save money by avoiding the need to buy or maintain our own servers or client software.
4. To Encourage High Adoption
Hundreds of millions of individuals worldwide are already using Google Apps products like Gmail, Docs and Calendar. Because students and teachers are familiar with the tools outside of school, using them in a school setting comes as second nature to many. This is especially true with email as the majority of students already use Gmail for personal use. This existing familiarity means that for the user, migrating to Google Apps is often not a migration at all. As a result, schools that switch to Google Apps for Education consistently experience a high rate of adoption with students, Teachers and administrators alike embracing the new tools.
5. To Go Green
In addition to minimizing IT-related expenses, Google Apps for Education helps schools reduce their environmental impact.
- Google Apps is powered by Google’s energy-efficient data centres, making it a less energy and carbon-intensive solution than traditional on-premise servers.
- Switching to the cloud also means you can spend less on on electricity. Simply moving your email hosting from on-premise to Gmail could even help you achieve up to 80 times greater energy efficiency.
- Collaborative tools such as chat and shared documents help students and teachers reduce extraneous printing, travel costs between schools and your overall environmental footprint.
Supports more than 3,000 devices on the LPSD network, maintaining a 4.5:1 computer-to-student ratio, with wireless and open guest access in all LPSD facilities.
Systems Analyst 3
Systems Analyst 2
System Analyst 1
Student Records Coordinator